Black Belt Alumni
Sensei Theresa Blacklund
How long in Judo: 15 years
Teaching experience: Teaching assistant at OJC in the Kinder Judo Program since 2006.
- Member of Team Ontario (1982-87,1992-93).
- Member of National Team (1986-87).
- Four time medallist at Canadian National Championships (1982-84,86)
- 5th place Commonwealth Games 1986.
Thoughts on Judo: Bend like a willow, spring back when pushed.
Favourite Quote: “The true joy of life is the trip.”
Sensei Robbie Kassis
How Long in Judo: 11 years
- Sensei Robbie began teaching as a blue belt sempai during the summer months and also as a black belt once promoted in April 2007.
Favourite Technique: Tai Otoshi
- Member of the Junior Provincial Team and competitor at the Junior Nationals in Edmonton, Alberta in July 2002.
- Member of the East Region Judo Team, and competitor at the Ontario Winter Games in London Ontario 28 March 2004.
- Competed in many tournaments over my Judo career, including some competitions in the United States.
Thoughts on Judo: Judo is a sport that demands a physical and mental committment, but also strengthens these two attributes within a person in a respectable fashion.
Favourite Quote: Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother. — Gibran Khalil Gibran
Sensei Megan Moss
How Long in Judo: 8 years
Favourite Techniques:Hane Goshi, Harai Goshi
- Member of Team Ontario for the Canadian National Judo Championships in 2007, 2008 and 2009
- Member of the East Region Judo Team in 2006, 2007 and 2008
Thoughts on Judo:Learning only truly begins once you have achieved your black belt and begin to teach.
Favourite Quote:It is not the size of the fighter in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the fighter. — Mark Twain (edited)